Table of Kontents
- What is the Krypt?
- Starting a Krypt Run
- Choose Your Fighters
- Character Health, KO, and Fatigue
- Krypt Konsumables
- Run Kompletion
- Krypt Hearts and the Krypt Store
- The Krypt-themed Equipment
What is the Krypt?
The Krypt is Mortal Kombat Mobile’s newest dungeon crawling mode available for players level 25 and over!
Each Krypt run features a randomly generated dungeon map with multiple floors to challenge your skills and provide a unique experience every run.
- The Krypt map starts off obscured by fog and more of the map will be revealed as you kontinue to explore deeper.
- You’ll often encounter branching pathways, so choosing the direction you kontinue down is paramount to a successful run.
Starting a Krypt Run
To start a run in the Krypt, you must first select a difficulty between Normal, Hard, or Elder. The greater the challenge, the greater the rewards!
You can enter the Krypt twice a day for free. Additional entries into the Krypt will require Krypt Keys, which can be acquired from the Store, from the Krypt itself, or from other special events such as the Kombat Pass.
Choose Your Fighters
After selecting a difficulty, you must assemble a team from your roster to send into the depths of the Krypt. Choose wisely, as each Krypt features certain Characters that will grant a bonus to the Krypt Hearts you earn if they are on your team!
It is important to note that the Characters you select will be locked out of all other activities until the run is complete. Additionally, once the run has begun, your team is locked in and you will not be able to change your Characters for the rest of that run.
As you explore the Krypt, you’ll run into different types or encounters, or nodes, along the pathways you are progressing. These nodes include:
- Tombstones – Shatter these to obtain Krypt Hearts.
- Chests – Opening a chest gives Konsumbles which can be used within the Krypt, amongst other rewards.
- Enemies – These nasty Characters block your way and must be defeated to continue exploring.
- Empty – No encounter exists on these nodes and you can continue exploring
- The Krypt is crawling with randomly generated enemy teams to keep you on your toes as you progress. All parts of these kombat encounters are randomized, including the Characters you’ll battle, the Equipment they’re using, and the Kombat Modifiers for the fight, among other things.
- When you discover a Floor’s exit, there will be a boss guarding the spiral staircase. Defeat the boss to advance to the next Floor. Defeat the boss of the final Floor to escape the Krypt with the treasures you’ve kollected!
Character Health, KO, and Fatigue
Similar to the Survival Mode of Faction Wars, any Health lost during a battle is not healed after a fight is over and persists throughout the rest of the Krypt run.
When a Character’s health reaches 0 they will be knocked out and unable to participate in fights until they are revived.
After a Krypt run has been finished, the Characters you used on your team will become Fatigued and will need time to recover before they can enter the Krypt again. If you’d like to start another run, you must use non-Fatigued Characters.
You can use exclusive Krypt Konsumables to help your team make it through the run. Check your supplies before jumping into battle! There are several types of Konsumbles which include:
- Health Stone – Heals a Character’s lost Health
- Revive Stone – Brings a knocked-out Character back to life.
- Life Stone – Increases a Character’s maximum Health.
- Force Stone – Increases a Character’s damage.
- Invigorating Stone – Recovers a Fatigued Character.
A Krypt run can end one of three ways:
- Victory – You’ve defeated the Boss after making it to the end of the Krypt. Any Krypt Hearts you collected throughout the run are fully awarded to spend in the Krypt Store.
- Defeat – All Characters on your team are knocked out. You will have the opportunity to use Revive Stones to continue the run, or you may choose to Escape. A fraction of the Krypt Hearts collected during the run will rewarded.
- Escape – At any point in the run, you have the option to escape the Krypt should you feel like you have little or no chance to continue. Similar to a Defeat, a fraction of the Krypt Hearts you’ve accumulated will be rewarded.
Krypt Hearts and the Krypt Store
Krypt Hearts are a new currency exclusive to the Krypt. They can be spent in the Krypt Store for rewards or Konsumables to help in future runs.
Krypt Hearts you’ve accumulated from completing Krypt runs are only available for use while the Krypt event is active. Any remaining Krypt Hearts will be automatically converted into Krypt Keys when the current Krypt event ends.
The Krypt Store features Gold/Diamond Characters, New Equipment, and Krypt Konsumables that can be purchased with Krypt Hearts. The selection of Characters and Equipment available in the Krypt Store are unique to each Krypt event and will change with each new Krypt Event.
The Krypt-themed Equipment
New Equipment sets can be found in the depths of the Krypt! Krush your enemies with Quan Chi’s first-ever mobile Brutality by equipping Necromancer’s Forbidden Book and Death Favor and dazzle your foes with Shang Tsung’s Friendship by equipping the new Enigmatic Lantern and Well of Souls!