Happy Hauntings and welcome to the Official Release Notes for Update 3.0! It’s time to rise from the dead because the Halloween update almost is here, and it’s packed with new content! The 3.0 Update introduces Diamond MK11 NOOB SAIBOT as an EXCLUSIVE Faction Wars Season Reward, a new SURVIVOR MODE in Faction Wars, the return of the TOWER OF HORROR, a new NIGHTMARE TOWER koming soon, and so much more! We have made many Quality of Life improvements and bug fixes in this update so we hope you enjoy! Check out the full release notes below! We would love to hear your feedback, so we’ve created a special UPDATE 3.0 Feedback Channel on the MK Mobile Discord. Get ready to sink your teeth into this update and send us your feedback!
NEW! MK11 NOOB SAIBOT
Introducing Shadow of the Netherrealm and newest MK11 Diamond in Mortal Kombat mobile, Noob Saibot! His fight to reclaim honor and bring darkness upon his enemies begins now! Noob’s Special Attacks apply Death Mark to his enemies, disabling all forms of resurrection and increasing future damage done. When he summons his Shadow into battle, Noob dishes out even more damage! Diamond MK11 Noob Saibot is now available now as an EXCLUSIVE Faction War Season Reward. The War for honor has begun, enter the FIGHT now!
NEW! FACTION WARS: SURVIVOR MODE
It’s time to choose your destiny in the new Faction Wars: Survivor mode! Lead your team to glory through a series of multiplayer battles in which your previous fights’ health is carried over to the next! Move up through the difficulties to earn additional Battle Points and earn your victory and the top of the Leaderboard. Consumables are now available in the Faction Wars store to help your team succeed, as well as a new Faction Wars Survivor Support Card and Daily Objectives! The latest MK11 character, Noob Saibot, is now available as an EXCLUSIVE Faction War Season Reward so begin your fight towards victory now!
TOWER OF HORROR RETURNS
Enter at your own risk! The Tower of Horror is back but with a few twists including new rewards! Rise from the dead and begin the fight to earn the unique and unearthly Tower of Horror Equipment. Reach the top to earn a random Diamond Circle of Shadow character card! Cheat death when equipped with the Epic Living Dead armor and reanimate with temporary invincibility and 100% unblockable basic attacks! Drain your opponent’s power on tag-in with the Epic Wailing Spirit. Available for a limited-time-only.
NEW! NIGHTMARE TOWER & EQUIPMENT
Be on the lookout for the new, bone chilling Nightmare Tower koming later this year! Konquer the new, limited-time-only Nightmare Tower and earn a random Diamond Nightmare character and new, deadly Epic Nightmare Tower Equipment! More details coming soon.
NEW! FEATURED FACTION WARS FIGHTERS
Earn up to 5X bonus Battle Rating Points when you put a featured Faction Wars fighter on your team! You can also earn bonus points with fighters from the season's featured Class, such as Martial Artists!
UPDATED FACTION WARS SEASON REWARDS
All Faction Wars Seasons now includes a chance to earn KLASSIC SMOKE and MK11 NOOB SAIBOT! Other season rewards now feature specific Diamond teams like Assassin, MK11, and Day of the Dead! Featured team rewards refresh every season.
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- A new Auto-battle option will appear at the start of any fight! Choose this feature to allow the AI to take control over your team and complete the match for you! We have also added an Auto-Battle Speed Up option to complete the match in record time! Auto-battle is available at player account Level 20.
- Faction Wars has been fine tuned in various areas including matchmaking. As always, we will continue to monitor and adjusted as needed.
- Limited-Time-Only Towers will now refresh every 12 hours (instead of 8 hours) starting at 9:00 AM CT (2:00 PM UTC). The number of attempts per refresh have now increased to 5 instead of 3.
- Circle of Shadow Jax, Circle of Shadow Kitana, and Circle of Shadow Sub-Zero have received buffs.
- Support cards can now be fused to Fusion x!
- Changes to the Talent Tree have been made to add more strategic choices and viable builds. These changes will be monitored and adjusted as needed. Please let us know what you think!
- Chances for Epic Equipment have been increased in Tower Equipment packs and Equipment sell backs now include Souls!
GAMEPLAY CHANGES & BUG FIXES:
- Character Changes:
- Circle of Shadow Jax
- Passive ability now has a chance of also triggering temporary invulnerability after his opponent does a Special Attack.
- Special Attack 1 now applies Weaken effect.
- Changed SP1 and SP2 minigames to mashable circle and arrow swipe respectively.
- Increased base Attack from 1070 to 1350.
- Circle of Shadow Kitana
- Passive ability now also grants 25% Lethal Blow chance against enemies affected by Weaken.
- Circle of Shadow Sub-Zero
- Added second Combo Ender.
- Increased base Health from 1070 to 1250.
- Black Dragon Tremor
- Increased Passive ability bonus damage on SP2 from 20% damage to tagged-out opponents to 50%.
- Equipment Changes:
- Wailing Spirit
- Increased Power Drain on tag-in from [ 0.2 – 1P2 ] Bars of Power to [ 0.5 – 2.0 ].
- Increased chance to steal 50% of the enemy’s power at the start of the match from [ 30% - 80% ] to [ 30% - 100% ].
- Increased healing effects from basic attack against bleeding opponent from [ 10% - 50% ] to [25% - 75% ].
- Talent Tree Changes:
- Offense Tree
- Added New Talent (Tier 4): "Exposing Weakness"
- "Special attack damage increased by 3/6/9/12/15% against enemies affected by Fire/Poison/Bleed DOT."
- Added New Talent (Tier 5): "Cruel Affliction"
- "12/14/15/18/20% Fire/Poison/Bleed DOT damage boost."
- Added New Talent (Tier 7): "Brutal Ending"
- "20/40/60/80/100% Chance Special Combo Enders from select equipment will instantly defeat any opponent under 25% health."
- "Death Mark Technique" Talent now also disables all forms of resurrection while active.
- Removed "Baraka Instruction" Talent.
- Removed "Reptile Instruction" Talent.
- Removed "Liu Kang Instruction" Talent.
- Moved "Rapid Response" Talent from Tier 3 to 4.
- Moved "Thunderous Blows" Talent from Tier 3 to 5.
- Moved "Lin Kuei Tutorage" Talent from Tier 5 to 3.
- Moved "Black Dragon Training" Talent from Tier 5 to 4.
- Moved "Stranglehold" Talent from Tier 6 in Support Tree to Tier 3 in Offense Tree.
- Moved "Death Mark Technique" Talent from Tier 6 to 7.
- Moved "Lightning Blow" Talent from Tier 6 in Support Tree to Tier 6 in Offense Tree.
- Fixed issue where displayed Attack bonuses from Talent Points spent in Offense Tree did not match actual attack bonuses in battle.
- Defense Tree
- Added New Talent (Tier 2): "Intimidating Presence
- "4/8/12/16/20% Opponent unblockable attack chance reduction."
- Added New Talent (Tier 2): "Stalward Defense"
- "4/8/12/16/20% Opponent Critical Hit Chance reduction."
- Changed "Reaver's Armor" Talent to now instead grant "4/8/12/16/20% Chance of Lethal Blow immunity."
- Changed "Cyber Lin Kuei Programming" Talent to now also reduce incoming Frostbite duration.
- Swapped "Hawk Stance" Talent from Support Tree with "Mongoose Stance" Talent from Defense Tree.
- Support Tree
- Fixed an issue where 'Teamwork" talent was refunding 3 times more Power than it should (description remains unchanged and is now accurate).
- Added New Talent (Tier 4): "Unbreakable Will"
- "4/8/12/16/20% Cripple resistance."
- Added New Talent (5th Tier): "Slippery One"
- "4/8/12/16/20% Snare resistance."
- Removed "Mileena's Hunger" Talent.
- Removed "D'Vorah's Wrath" Talent.
- Removed "Scorpion's Stare" Talent.
- Removed "Focused" Talent.
- Moved "Live For Battle" Talent from Tier 5 to 3.
- Moved "Scourge Outworld" Talent from Tier 7 in Offense to Tier 6 in Support Tree.
- Moved "Edenia's Champion" Talent from Tier 7 in Offense to Tier 6 in Support Tree.
- Swapped "Mongoose Stance" Talent from Defense Tree with "Hawk Stance" Talent from Support Tree.
- Frostbite effect is now considered a Debuff.
- All Jax Briggs character's SP1 now feature the mashable circle minigame.
- Fixed an issue where Black Dragon Kabal's Cripple and Weaken on combo enders from his Passive ability were lasting longer 5 seconds.
- Fixed an issue with Guardian Terminator's Passive ability, where it did not fully block some Special Attacks.
- Fixed an issue where some players experienced problems with MK11 Kabal's and MK11 Sub-Zero's Krushing Blows, which caused the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue where Ermac's X-Ray attack sometimes soft locked the game.
- Fixed an issue where Circle of Shadow Sub-Zero's Passive ability did not grant additional power gain for every Circle of Shadow Characters on his team.
As always, thank you for playing Mortal Kombat mobile now…FIGHT!