A physical version of the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Bundle was made available in November of 2020 for PS5, PS4 (EU) and Xbox. This physical bundle was also released in the Americas in February of 2021. The PS4 and Xbox versions include a data disc and a play disc. The PS5 version contains one game disc. For a breakdown of what content is included in this bundle click here.
In this article, we'll cover the steps for installing the content on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Xbox (One and Series X|S) platforms. We've also included some steps on how to utilize Skin Packs that are part of the bundle.
- PlayStation 5 Installation
- PlayStation 4 Installation
- Xbox Installation
- Equipping Skin Pack Kosmetics
- Related Articles
PlayStation 5 Installation
- Insert the game disc. The PS5 console will automatically start the installation.
- If you start the game upon receiving a "Ready to Play" notification on your PS5 console, some modes and content will not be available immediately, as it will install over time.
- This is indicated by the message "Estimated Time Until Available: (time)" is viewable in-game when accessing certain modes, or installation icons on the character select screen.
- After installations are complete, the base game content can be accessed. All add-on content is accessed via a redeem code voucher inside of the game box.
- Remove the paper leaflet from the inside of the box. On the reverse side, there will be a code which grants access to the Aftermath Expansion, Shao Kahn playable character, Kombat Pack 1, and Kombat Pack 2 on PS5. This can be redeemed in the PlayStation Store, or by launching the game, pressing the R2 button in the main menu, and pressing the Triangle button to redeem a code. The voucher itself also has instructions.
PlayStation 4 Installation
- Insert the disc labelled "Data Disc". The console will automatically start the installation.
- After "Data Disc" installation is complete, the following message will appear: "Copying application data from the data disc is complete. To start this application, insert the play disc”.
- Insert the "Play Disc"
- Some modes and content will not be available immediately, as there are installations required from the “Play Disc”.
- While there will not be any notification regarding the remaining download/installation in the Dashboard, the message "Estimated Time Until Available: (time)" is viewable in-game when accessing certain modes.
Please note that the voucher inside of the game box is intended for players who wish to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version of MK11. Redeeming this voucher code grants access to the PS5 versions of the MK11 base game, Aftermath Expansion, Shao Kahn playable character, Kombat Pack 1 & Kombat Pack 2. Your PS4 Play Disc will be required in order to launch the game on PS5 hardware. You will also need to ensure that your PS5 console has a disc drive to utilize this upgrade.
- Insert the disc labelled ''Play Disc''. This will bring you to Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate in the ''Ready to install'' menu.
- Select the individual content to install, or select “Install all”, and choose “Install” to confirm.
- Installation will proceed until a prompt appears that asks to insert the second disc.
- Insert the “Data Disc” to continue installing the title.
- Once the “Data Disc” installation is complete, another prompt will appear to reinsert the first disc.
- Insert the ''Play Disc'' and launch the title. Updates will now download and install. These updates may also include Smart Delivery files such as 4K Story cutscenes which depends on which Xbox hardware you are using.
- Select Mortal Kombat 11 and launch the game. All content is now available to play.
Manually Downloading Smart Delivery Story Files
In cases where these files were skipped or deselected, players can download them manually.
- Highlight Mortal Kombat 11 in the Xbox dashboard menu.
- Press the Menu button and select "Manage Game and add-ons"
- Press the A button on the first option
- Highlight and select the second dropdown menu and choose "Game Features"
- Choose the Select All option on the right side of the screen and then Save Changes. This will queue up the story cutscene files "Story" and "Story 4K" which are needed for watching in-game cutscenes.
Equipping Skin Pack Kosmetics
To use Skins that you've obtained from Skin Packs included in the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Bundle, you will need to create your own Kustom Variation.
- Visit the Kustomize Menu in-game and select the character you want to use a Skin for.
- Next, either choose the Variation you want to assign the Skin to or create a new Variation for the character.
- Once you’ve selected a Variation you can select the Kosmetics tab to view and assign Skins, Intro/Victory Cinematics, and Fatalities/Brutalities for the character.
Skins you have unlocked will be located near the top of your Skins list and you can also view Unlock criteria for other Skins for the character.
Gear also has unique appearances and can be Kustomized on the Gear tab for each Variation that you have for a character. Some Skins have unique pieces of Gear designed to complement them.
Using Kustom Variations in Online Ranked Mode
To use Kustom appearances and ability variations in the Online Ranked mode you can highlight the variation in the Kustomize menu and use the “Set as Default” option.
Be sure to Kustomize both your Gear and your Skin to set yourself apart from the Kompetition!
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate FAQ
- Mortal Kombat 11 – PlayStation 5 FAQ
- Mortal Kombat 11 – Xbox Series X|S FAQ
To learn more about Mortal Kombat 11, the latest installment in the iconic Mortal Kombat franchise developed by NetherRealm Studios, visit MortalKombat.com or join the community conversation on Twitter (@MortalKombat), YouTube (Mortal Kombat), Twitch (NetherRealm), Instagram (@MortalKombat), Facebook (MortalKombat) and Discord (MortalKombat).
Need more? Submit a new question here, or track and view open tickets.