A physical version of the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection was made available in June of 2020 in the Americas only. This version includes a data disc, a play disc, and a redeem code voucher inside of the box (for 3 future Aftermath Exclusive Skin Packs). In this article, we'll cover the steps for installing the content on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms.
PlayStation 4 Installation:
- Insert the disc labelled "Data Disc". The console will automatically start the installation.
- After "Data Disc" installation is complete and you attempt to launch the game, the following message will appear: "Copying application data from the data disc is complete. To start this application, insert the play disc”.
- Insert the "Play Disc". Some modes and content will not be available immediately, as there are installations required from the "Play Disc". While there will not be any notification regarding the remaining download/installation in the Dashboard, the message "Estimated Time Until Available: (time)" is viewable in-game when accessing certain modes (see screenshots for examples). In-game Premium Shop and PlayStation Store will be available immediately upon booting the “Play Disc”.
- After “Play Disc” installations are complete all content, including Aftermath launch DLC*, can be accessed by the player. No restart required.
*The 3 Aftermath exclusive Skin Packs are the only items not included via the disc installation. These are granted by a redeem code voucher inside the box. These skin packs will be released over time (exact release timing to be announced at a later date).
Xbox One Installation:
- Insert the disc labelled "Play Disc". Note, this is the opposite of PS4, which starts with the “Data Disc”. Both SKUs include disc order instructions printed on each disc face. This will bring the player to Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection "Ready to install" menu.
- Select the individual content to install, or select “Install all”, and click “Install” to confirm.
Installation will proceed until 69%, a prompt appears that asks to insert the second disc.
- Insert the “Data Disc” to continue installing the title.
- Once the “Data Disc” installation is complete, another prompt will appear to reinsert the first disc.
- Insert the "Play Disc" and launch the title. Updates will now download and install.
- Select Mortal Kombat 11 and launch the game. All content, including Aftermath launch DLC*, is now available to play.
*The 3 Aftermath exclusive Skin Packs are the only items not included via the disc installation. These are granted by a redeem code voucher inside the box.
Article is closed for comments.