Table of Contents
On Nov. 17, the Xbox Series X|S version of Mortal Kombat 11 will be made available in conjunction with the new Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate release. Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate owners and new buyers on Xbox One consoles can also access a free upgrade to the Xbox Series X|S version of their game, available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch.
Owners of the following physical AND digital Xbox One versions of Mortal Kombat 11 are digital upgrade compatible to Xbox Series X|S.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Main Game
- Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
Players with a physical Xbox One Mortal Kombat 11 disc will need to ensure that their new Xbox hardware has a disc drive (Xbox Series X) to be eligible for the upgrade.
If you purchased individual DLC, such as the playable character Shao Kahn for example, this content would also carry over to the Xbox Series X version.
The next generation Smart Delivery Enabled version of Mortal Kombat 11 on the Xbox Series X|S includes:
- 4K Dynamic Resolution
- Enhanced Visuals
- Improved Loading Times
- Cross-Platform/Cross-Gen Compatibility for select modes*
- Xbox One owners and new buyers can access a free upgrade to the Xbox Series X|S version of their game, available in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch.
* See our updated Krossplay FAQ for more information
What happens with my current progression? Will my unlocked rewards from the Xbox One version carry over?
As long as you are signed in with the same Xbox login, all inventory, earned rewards and custom character variations will carry over automatically. Any Time Krystals that were purchased or acquired will also carry over, as well as anything that was purchased with them.
Players will still need to download local settings data from the cloud or transfer via USB to ensure that custom settings and Kombat Kard stats are carried over.
Yes, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate provides the definitive Mortal Kombat 11 experience for new players joining the fight, featuring the 37-character roster, two critically acclaimed story campaigns and all game modes in a single package for $59.99 (SRP).
A physical version will be released on Nov. 17 as well. For more information on what is included in Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, please check out this article here.
What if I install the Xbox One version of Mortal Kombat 11 or the physical release of Mortal Kombat Ultimate on my Xbox Series X|S before the upgrade is available on Nov. 17?
- Xbox Series X players will have the same experience as the Xbox One X hardware via backwards compatibility until the upgrade is downloadable on Nov. 17 at 8AM PST via Smart Delivery.
- Xbox Series S players will have the same experience as the Xbox One S hardware via backwards compatibility until the upgrade is downloadable on Nov. 17 at 8AM PST via Smart Delivery.
Achievements are shared between Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. There are no plans to add new achievements to this release.
- All Xbox One controllers
- Some Xbox One Fight Sticks and Fight Pads
- Xbox Series X|S controllers
This will vary depending on which version of Mortal Kombat 11 you currently own.
If you own a physical Xbox One disc, you will simply need to insert the Mortal Kombat 11 game disc into your new console to initiate a download for the Xbox Series X version. This will be displayed under the “My Games and App” menu.
If you purchased Mortal Kombat 11 digitally on your Xbox One, you will see the Mortal Kombat 11 Xbox Series X version available for download under the “Ready to Install” section of “My Games and Apps”.
Please Note: We plan to have a more detailed list of step by step instructions for physical and digital when we get closer to launch.
To learn more about Mortal Kombat 11, the latest installment in the iconic Mortal Kombat franchise developed by NetherRealm Studios, visit MortalKombat.com or join the community conversation on Twitter (@MortalKombat), YouTube (Mortal Kombat), Twitch (NetherRealm), Instagram (@MortalKombat), Facebook (MortalKombat) and Discord (MortalKombat).
Still have a question? You can submit your question here. You can also update and track your ticket as well.