If Mortal Kombat 11 is crashing on your game console, it often indicates a problem with your game install. To resolve the issue, follow the steps below for your console.
Table of Contents
- Navigate to Mortal Kombat 11 on your dashboard or games library
- Press the Options button on your PS4 controller after highlighting the game
- Select Delete
- After confirming the deletion and allowing the process to complete reinsert the game disc to reinstall the game (if a physical copy of the game) or visit your game library and select the game to download the game again (if a digital copy of the game).
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- From that menu, select "My Games and Apps" and then select "See all".
- Select the Games tab.
- Highlight Mortal Kombat 11 and press the Menu button on your controller (the button with 3 lines on it) and then select the "Uninstall" option.
- After confirming the uninstall and allowing the process to complete, reinsert the game disc to reinstall the game (if a physical copy of the game) or visit "My Games and Apps" then the "Games tab" and select MK11. To download the game again (if a digital copy of the game), press the Menu button and then select "Install".
If your Nintendo Switch game is crashing, we recommend powering down your system entirely before restarting it and launching the game again.
This is different from putting your system into Sleep Mode, which is the default behavior of the Nintendo Switch.
To turn your system off entirely:
- Press and hold the POWER button at the top of your system, near the volume controls, for at least three seconds
- Select "Power Options" from the menu that appears
- Select "Turn Off"
After allowing the system to turn off for ~30 seconds, please try turning it back on using the POWER button before attempting to play the game again.
- Mortal Kombat 11 - Xbox One Network Troubleshooting
- Mortal Kombat 11 - PlayStation 4 Network Troubleshooting
- Mortal Kombat 11 - Nintendo Switch Network Troubleshooting
To learn more about Mortal Kombat 11, the latest installment in the iconic Mortal Kombat franchise developed by NetherRealm Studios, visit MortalKombat.com or join the community conversation on Twitter (@MortalKombat), YouTube (Mortal Kombat), Twitch (NetherRealm), Instagram (@MortalKombat), Facebook (MortalKombat) and Discord (MortalKombat).
Need more? Submit a new question here, or track and view open tickets.