Players who pre-ordered Mortal Kombat 11 will gain free access to Shao Kahn, the Konqueror of Outworld!
If you pre-ordered a physical copy of Mortal Kombat 11, you should receive a code to gain access to Shao Kahn directly from your retailer when Mortal Kombat 11 launches and you pick up your copy. The code you receive will be for the same platform you pre-ordered the game for. Codes may typically be printed on your receipt but if you aren’t sure where your Shao Kahn code is when you pick up the game please check with your retailer to determine how your Shao Kahn code will be delivered to you.
If you pre-ordered a digital copy of Mortal Kombat 11, you will automatically gain access to download Shao Kahn when Mortal Kombat 11 launches.
If you have any questions or concerns about Mortal Kombat 11 Shao Kahn pre-order codes, please also feel free to contact WB Games Customer Support using the “Ask for Help” link above.
If you did not pre-order Mortal Kombat 11, Shao Kahn can also be purchased directly via the In-Game store.
Redeeming your Code
How to redeem your digital code on PlayStation 4
- On the PS4 Home Menu go to the PlayStation Store
- Highlight and select “Redeem Codes” from the list of store categories on the left of the store
- Enter your code and press X to continue
- Now you will see the content you are redeeming. Highlight the confirm option and press X.
- A message will appear that the code has been redeemed, press the button on "OK".
- The content should download automatically but if it does not, or if you would like to manually download the content, visit the game page In your Library from the Home Menu
- Highlight "Related Items", scroll over to "My Add-Ons" and press X
- Here you can choose the items to manually download to your console
How to redeem your digital code on Xbox One
- From your Xbox Home Menu go to the Microsoft Store
- Highlight and select “Use a Code”.
- If prompted, sign in
- Enter your code when prompted and then select Next to confirm
How to redeem your digital code on Nintendo Switch
- Select “Nintendo eShop” on the HOME Menu to launch the Nintendo eShop
- Select the account you want to use
- Select “Enter Code” on the left side of the screen
- Enter the 16-character download code. Any letters and symbols not used with prepaid codes (i.e. O, I, Z, commas, hyphens, etc.) will be disabled from the on-screen keyboard
- Select “Send” to confirm. The game will begin downloading once the code is confirmed. The game icon will appear on the HOME menu, with a download status bar. The status bar will disappear once the download is complete
How to redeem your digital code on Steam
- In Steam, along the top menu bar, select Game
- Scroll down to Activate Product on Steam
- Progress through the next few windows and enter the 15-digit redeem code. This will activate your digital key
Downloading Shao Kahn
In most cases Shao Kahn will begin downloading automatically when you redeem your Shao Kahn code.
If you pre-ordered the game digitally, or if you purchased Shao Kahn digitally, you can follow the steps below to download the character.
You can also follow the steps below to manually download or re-download Shao Kahn as needed in the future.
How to download Shao Kahn on PlayStation 4
- Visit the Mortal Kombat 11 page on your PS4 Home Menu or Game Library
- Select the game and scroll down to the "Related Items" section at the bottom
- From the My Addons section you can manually download individual pieces of content you own including Shao Kahn
After downloading the Shao Kahn, if you still cannot access him, or if the content is missing from this menu, please try Restoring your PSN Licenses. From your PS4 Home Menu:
- Select [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licenses].
After doing this you can then check My Addons again to see if this DLC is now available or check in-game to see whether it is available to use.
If the DLC is still not available to use you can de-activate and re-activate your PS4 as your primary PS4 console which may allow you to access the DLC:
On your PS4 sign into the account that you purchased or own the DLC content on.
From the PS4 Home screen, go to [Settings] and select [Account Management].
Select [Activate as Your Primary PS4], then [Deactivate] then [Reactivate].
Once this process has completed try accessing the DLC again in-game
How to download Shao Kahn on Xbox One
- Go to My Games and Apps
- Locate Mortal Kombat 11 and press Menu on your controller (the button with 3 lines on it)
- Select Manage Game
- Scroll all the way to the right on this menu to see what DLC is Ready to Install, and start the install for Shao Kahn
How to download Shao Kahn on Nintendo Switch
- From the Main Menu of your Nintendo Switch locate the Mortal Kombat 11 game tile and press + on your controller
- Select Software Information > Nintendo eShop
- Scroll down to Downloadable Content and select View All Items
- Here you will see all owned DLC listed.
- To download any of the DLC, select your Nintendo Switch Profile Image at the top-right of this screen to go to Account Information.
- Under the Redownload section, any DLC or games you own that you have not-yet-downloaded content for will be listed.
- You can tap the cloud icon next to Mortal Kombat 11, if listed, to download any DLC you own but have not yet downloaded to your system.
How to download Shao Kahn on Steam
- Go to Library in Steam
- Locate Mortal Kombat 11 in your list of games, right-click it, and select Properties
- On the DLC tab of the Properties menu any DLC you own will be listed
- Under the "Install" column a checkbox will show if the DLC has been downloaded and installed yet
- You can check this box to start the download of Shao Kahn
If the Install box for Shao Kahn was already checked but you still cannot access him in-game:
- Open the Properties menu for the game in your Steam Library again
- Click the Local Files tab
- From here, select “Verify Integrity of Game Files”
- After this process completes, check in-game again to see whether you can now access Shao Kahn