Included In This Article
- Available DLC
- How To Download Add-on Content
How do I access the character skins or gear I downloaded?
Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack 2
Players who purchase Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack 2 or own the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (physical/digital) bundle of the game will gain access to download the Rain, Mileena, and Rambo playable characters.
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath
Players who purchase this expansion will gain access to a new Story Expansion, 3 New Playable Characters, and 3 character Skin Packs.
For more information on what is included with the expansion, please refer the article here.
Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack 1
Players who own the Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack 1 or the Premium Edition of the game, which includes the Kombat Pack 1, gain access to download several characters, skins, and gear.
For information about what is included in the Kombat Pack 1, please refer to the article here.
Masquerade Skin Pack
The Masquerade Skin Pack includes three new character skins, just in time for Halloween. Play as Wicked Witch Jade, Psyko Killer Kabal and Calavera Liu Kang.
Klassic MK Movie Skin Pack
Travel back to the '90s with this tribute to the original MK Movie. The Klassic MK Movie Skin Pack includes character likeness & voice from the 1995 film. Christopher Lambert as Protector of Earthrealm Raiden, Linden Ashby as Hollywood Kombatant Johnny Cage, and Bridgette Wilson-Sampras as Island Bound Sonya Blade.
How To Download Add-on Content
In most cases if you own new add-on content and launch into Mortal Kombat 11 on your console, you'll receive an in-game prompt at the main menu notifying you that new content is available for download (pictured below). Selecting "Yes" will queue up all of the downloads available that you don't have installed yet.
You can also open the Store tab through the in-game Premium Shop where you'll see Playable Characters, Skin Packs, and any other owned add-ons that haven't yet been installed. If you own them already, the content will be listed for no additional cost (pictured below). Selecting each owned item here will queue up the downloads as well.
Important Note: As of the Nov 17th 2020 update, Mortal Kombat 11 is now titled Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate in the in-game menus. This is to indicate the new content update released in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch. This may cause some confusion in determining what version you have purchased, and what content you have access to. The contents of each of the MK11 releases will vary and you can find out more information on what is included in your physical package or digital bundle here.
Some physical packages will include add-on content on the game disc(s) as part of the overall game installation, some will require you to redeem a code voucher inside of the game box, and some packages are add-on content on the disc and a code. If you're not sure about your bundle, you can submit a help request and ask one of our agents!
To access and start downloading your add-ons, please follow these steps.
- In the [Games home screen], scroll all the way to the right and select [Game Library].
- Select the correct game from your library
- Scroll down and to highlight and select the [Add On] section
- Select the content that you wish to download or purchase. Scrolling all the way to the right will present a View All option where you can download specific add-ons.
- Visit the page for your game in your PS4 Home Menu or Game Library.
- Select the game and scroll down to the “PlayStation™ Store” section at the bottom.
- From the “Your Add-ons” section, you can manually download individual pieces of released content that you already own, including the latest character.
- If the content you are looking for is not listed under “Your Add-ons,” you can scroll past this option in the “PlayStation™Store” section of the Game Page and select “View All.”
- Content that you are entitled to download for free, but do not already own, will be shown here with a cost listed as “Free.”
- After selecting the content and starting the download, it will be listed under “Your Add-ons,” if you want to download it again in the future.
Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X
- Go to My Games and Apps.
- Locate your title under the Games section and press the [View] button on your controller (the button with 2 square icons under the Xbox button).
- Select your game on the right side of the screen with the [A] button.
- On the drop-down menu where you see the text [All items], press the A button and choose [Ready to Install].
- Select the available add-on that you wish to install or press [Select all].
- Highlight Save changes and press the [A] button. This add-on content will be added to your download queue!
If you find that you're still having trouble accessing some add-on content, we suggest giving these steps a try:
- Fully close/quit out of the game on your console
- Select Manage game and add-ons -> Uninstall impacted add-ons
- Settings -> General -> Power mode & startup > Full shutdown
- Wait a minute
- Restart Xbox
- Select Manage game and add-ons > reinstall the impacted add-on content.
How to Manually Download Xbox Smart Delivery Story Files
In cases where these files were skipped or deselected during the game download or installation process, players can download them manually.
- Highlight Mortal Kombat 11 in the Xbox dashboard menu.
- Press the Menu button and select "Manage Game and add-ons"
- Press the A button on the first option
- Highlight and select the second dropdown menu and choose "Game Features"
- Choose the Select All option on the right side of the screen and then Save Changes. This will queue up the story cutscene files "Story" and "Story 4K" which are needed for watching in-game cutscenes.
- From the Main Menu of your Nintendo Switch, locate the tile for your game and press [+] on your controller.
- Select [Software Information] > [Nintendo eShop].
- Scroll down to [Downloadable Content] and select [View All Items].
- Here you will see all owned DLC listed.
- To download any of the DLC, select your Nintendo Switch Profile Image at the top-right of this screen to go to [Account Information].
- Under the [Redownload] section, any DLC or games you own that you have not yet downloaded content for will be listed.
- You can tap the cloud icon next to your game in this section, if listed, to download any DLC you own but have not yet downloaded to your system. This will automatically download all owned content.
- Go to [Library] in Steam.
- Locate the correct title in your list of games, then right-click it and select [Properties].
- On the DLC tab of the Properties menu, any DLC you own will be listed.
- Under the "Install" column, a checkbox will show if the DLC has been downloaded and installed.
- You can check this box to start the download.
If the “Install” box for the add-on content is already checked but you still cannot access it in-game, follow these instructions:
- Open the [Properties] menu for the game in your Steam Library again.
- Click the [Local Files] tab.
- From here, select [Verify Integrity of Game Files].
- After this process completes, check in-game again to see whether you can now access the content you are trying to use.
- Launch the Microsoft Store or Xbox application on your PC
- In the search field, enter the title of your game and select the result that displays "Owned" in the title or best matches what you're looking for.
- Under the Overview/Details section, you'll see the available DLC add-on content displayed. Choose the content you wish to download.
- You can monitor your download in the the Microsoft Store application by selecting the three dots button located in the top right of of the screen, then choosing [Downloads and updates] option. You'll then see your entire queue of content. For players using the Xbox application on PC, download progress will be indicated on the left sidebar where your installed games are displayed.
How to Manually Download Story and Story 4K Files in the Xbox Application for Windows
If you launch the game after the initial required base game download and the story mode is displayed in red, you will need to manually download the story files. These are optional files, in the case you need to free up storage later on.
- Locate Mortal Kombat 11 in the Xbox PC application sidebar.
- Right-click on the game and choose [View Details].
- Under the game details page, select the three dots button in the menu bar and choose [Manage Game].
- Under [Features], check the story cutscene files "Story" and "Story 4K" which are needed for watching in-game cutscenes.
- Select [Apply changes] and the content will download.
How do I access the character skins or gear I downloaded?
To use Skins or Gear that you've obtained from Skin Packs, you will need to create your own Kustom Variation. This is different than Mortal Kombat titles in the past, as it will allow for you to mix and match Skins, Gear, Victory animations, and abilities.
- Visit the Kustomize Menu in-game and select the character you want to use a Skin for.
- Next, either choose the Variation you want to assign the Skin to or create a new Variation for the character.
- Once you’ve selected a Variation you can select the Kosmetics tab to view and assign Skins, Intro/Victory Cinematics, and Fatalities/Brutalities for the character.
Skins you have unlocked will be located near the top of your Skins list and you can also view Unlock criteria for other Skins for the character.
Gear also has unique appearances and can be Kustomized on the Gear tab for each Variation that you have for a character. Some Skins have unique pieces of Gear designed to complement them.
Using Kustom Variations in Online Ranked Mode
To use Kustom appearances and ability variations in the Online Ranked mode you can highlight the variation in the Kustomize menu and use the “Set as Default” option.
Be sure to Kustomize both your Gear and your Skin to set yourself apart from the Kompetition!