Players who purchase this expansion will gain access to a new Story Expansion, 3 New Playable Characters, and 3 character Skin Packs released over time.
For more information on what is included with the expansion, please refer the article here.
Players who own the Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack or the Premium Edition of the game, which includes the Kombat Pack, gain access to download several characters, skins, and gear.
For information about what is included in the Kombat Pack, please refer to the article here.
In this article
- Visit the Mortal Kombat 11 page on your PS4 Home Menu or Game Library.
- Select the game and scroll down to the “PlayStation™Store” section at the bottom.
- From the “Your Add-ons” section, you can manually download individual pieces of released content that you already own, including the latest character.
- If the content you are looking for is not listed under “Your Add-ons,” you can scroll past this option in the “PlayStation™Store” section of the Game Page and select “View All.”
- Content that you are entitled to download for free, but do not already own, will be shown here with a cost listed as “Free.”
- After selecting the content and starting the download, it will be listed under “Your Add-ons,” if you want to download it again in the future.
If after downloading specific downloadable content you still cannot access it in-game, or if the content is missing from “Your Add-ons,” please try restoring your PSN licenses from your PS4 Home Menu via the following instructions:
- Select [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Restore Licenses]
After doing this, you can then check "Your Add-ons" again to see if this DLC is now available or check in-game to see whether it is available to use.
If the DLC is still not available to use, please make sure that your PS4 firmware is up to date and that you are using firmware version 6.71 or higher.
- You can check your current firmware version by going to [Settings] > [System Information] on your PS4™ dashboard.
- If this shows you are using a firmware version earlier than 6.71, please update your firmware by going to [System] > [System Software Update] on your PS4™ dashboard.
- If you already downloaded the firmware, but have not yet installed it, you can do so under the Notifications section of your PS4™ dashboard.
After updating your firmware and restarting your console, please try accessing the DLC content again. If the DLC is still not available to use, you can deactivate and reactivate your PS4™ as your primary PS4™ console, which may allow you to access the DLC.
- On your PS4™, sign into the account that you purchased or own the DLC content on.
- From the PS4™ Home screen, go to [Settings] and select [Account Management].
- Select [Activate as Your Primary PS4], then [Deactivate] then [Reactivate].
- Once the process has completed, try accessing the DLC again in-game.
- Go to My Games and Apps.
- Locate Mortal Kombat 11 and press “Menu” on your controller (the button with three lines on it).
- Select [Manage Game].
- Scroll all the way to the right on this menu to see what DLC is ready to install, then start the install for the pieces of released add-on content that you are trying to download.
- From the Main Menu of your Nintendo Switch, locate the Mortal Kombat 11 game tile and press [+] on your controller.
- Select [Software Information] > [Nintendo eShop].
- Scroll down to [Downloadable Content] and select [View All Items].
- Here you will see all owned DLC listed.
- To download any of the DLC, select your Nintendo Switch Profile Image at the top-right of this screen to go to [Account Information].
- Under the [Redownload] section, any DLC or games you own that you have not yet downloaded content for will be listed.
- You can tap the cloud icon next to Mortal Kombat 11, if listed, to download any DLC you own but have not yet downloaded to your system. This will automatically download any all owned content.
- Go to [Library] in Steam.
- Locate Mortal Kombat 11 in your list of games, then right-click it and select [Properties].
- On the DLC tab of the Properties menu, any DLC you own will be listed.
- Under the "Install" column, a checkbox will show if the DLC has been downloaded and installed.
- You can check this box to start the download.
If the “Install” box for the add-on content is already checked but you still cannot access it in-game, follow these instructions:
- Open the [Properties] menu for the game in your Steam Library again.
- Click the [Local Files] tab.
- From here, select [Verify Integrity of Game Files].
- After this process completes, check in-game again to see whether you can now access the content you are trying to use.
For instructions on how to use specific character skins or gear via the Kustomize menu, please refer to the related article link below.
For all Mortal Kombat 11 announcements and other related information, please keep an eye on the official Mortal Kombat 11 website and social channels, including www.mortalkombat.com, Twitter (@MortalKombat), YouTube (Mortal Kombat), Instagram (@MortalKombat), Facebook (MortalKombat), Twitch (NetherRealm), Mixer (NetherRealm), Discord (MortalKombat) and Reddit (MortalKombat).
Still have a question? You can submit your question here. You can also update and track your ticket as well.