Included In This Article
- PlayStation 5
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X
- Nintendo Switch
Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack 2
Players who purchase Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack 2 or own the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (physical/digital) bundle of the game will gain access to download the Rain, Mileena, and Rambo playable characters.
Players who purchase this expansion will gain access to a new Story Expansion, 3 New Playable Characters, and 3 character Skin Packs.
For more information on what is included with the expansion, please refer the article here.
Players who own the Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack 1 or the Premium Edition of the game, which includes the Kombat Pack 1, gain access to download several characters, skins, and gear.
For information about what is included in the Kombat Pack 1, please refer to the article here.
How To Download Add-on Content
In most cases if you own new add-on content and launch into Mortal Kombat 11 on your console, you'll receive an in-game prompt at the main menu notifying you that new content is available for download (pictured below). Selecting "Yes" will queue up all of the downloads available that you don't have installed yet.
You can also open the Store tab through the in-game Premium Shop where you'll see Playable Characters, Skin Packs, and any other owned add-ons that haven't yet been installed. If you own them already, the content will be listed for no additional cost (pictured below). Selecting each owned item here will queue up the downloads as well.
Important Note: As of the Nov 17 update, Mortal Kombat 11 will now be titled Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate in the in-game menus. This is to indicate the new content update released in conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate launch. This may cause some confusion in determining what version you have purchased, and what content you have access to. The contents of each of the MK11 releases will vary and you can find out more information on what is included in your physical package or digital bundle here.
Before you start downloading any add-on content, it's important to make sure that you're starting this process for the correct game version.
Highlight the Game Hub for Mortal Kombat 11.
Press the Options button on your Dualsense Controller
Select [Game Version] from this list
Select the [PS5 | Full | Mortal Kombat 11]
To access and start downloading your add-ons, please follow these steps.
- In the [Games home screen], scroll all the way to the right and select [Game Library].
- Select Mortal Kombat 11
- Scroll down and to highlight and select the [Add On] section
- Select the content that you wish to download or purchase. Scrolling all the way to the right will present a View All option where you can download specific add-ons.
If you're installing the game for the first time on PS5, you'll receive a console prompt that allows you to queue up a download for all your owned Add-on content. If that option doesn't appear, you can access the add-ons via these steps
- Select Mortal Kombat 11 from the Game Hub
- Select the three dot icon shown next to the Play or Installing/Downloading button
- Select View Product
- Scroll down to Add-ons and access the PS5 specific DLC. Scrolling all the way to the right will present a View All option where you can download specific add-ons.
If you’ve bought a physical copy of the Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate release on PS5, please ensure that you’ve redeemed the code printed on the paper insert inside of the game box as this is how you’ll gain access to the add-on content. There are also some steps on the installation process located here.
As the PlayStation 4 version of Mortal Kombat 11 is playable on PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility, it's possible you might install the PS4 listings of the DLC add-ons by mistake if you searched for the content through the PlayStation Store or via the PlayStation App. Please ensure that the add-ons you have installed are specifically labeled with PS5 in the console UI or in their description so that they are compatible with the PS5 version of the game.
- Visit the Mortal Kombat 11 page on your PS4 Home Menu or Game Library.
- Select the game and scroll down to the “PlayStation™ Store” section at the bottom.
- From the “Your Add-ons” section, you can manually download individual pieces of released content that you already own, including the latest character.
- If the content you are looking for is not listed under “Your Add-ons,” you can scroll past this option in the “PlayStation™Store” section of the Game Page and select “View All.”
- Content that you are entitled to download for free, but do not already own, will be shown here with a cost listed as “Free.”
- After selecting the content and starting the download, it will be listed under “Your Add-ons,” if you want to download it again in the future.
If you’ve bought a physical copy of any Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection, or Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition on PS4, please ensure that you’ve redeemed the code printed on the paper insert inside of the game box as this is how you’ll gain access to the add-on content included in that bundle. For players who bought the physical release of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, the add-on content is instead located on the game discs and you’ll find some steps on the installation process here.
If after downloading specific downloadable content you still cannot access it in-game, or if the content is missing from “Your Add-ons,” please try restoring your PSN licenses from your PS4 Home Menu via the following instructions:
- Select [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Restore Licenses]
After doing this, you can then check "Your Add-ons" again to see if this DLC is now available or check in-game to see whether it is available to use.
If the DLC is still not available to use, please make sure that your PS4 firmware is up to date and that you are using firmware version 6.71 or higher.
- You can check your current firmware version by going to [Settings] > [System Information] on your PS4™ dashboard.
- If this shows you are using a firmware version earlier than 6.71, please update your firmware by going to [System] > [System Software Update] on your PS4™ dashboard.
- If you already downloaded the firmware, but have not yet installed it, you can do so under the Notifications section of your PS4™ dashboard.
After updating your firmware and restarting your console, please try accessing the DLC content again. If the DLC is still not available to use, you can deactivate and reactivate your PS4™ as your primary PS4™ console, which may allow you to access the DLC.
- On your PS4™, sign into the account that you purchased or own the DLC content on.
- From the PS4™ Home screen, go to [Settings] and select [Account Management].
- Select [Activate as Your Primary PS4], then [Deactivate] then [Reactivate].
- Once the process has completed, try accessing the DLC again in-game.
Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X
- Go to My Games and Apps.
- Locate Mortal Kombat 11 under the Games section and press [View] on your controller (the button with 2 square icons under the Xbox button).
- Select Mortal Kombat 11 on the right side of the screen with the [A] button.
- On the drop-down menu where you see the text [All items], press the A button and choose [Ready to Install].
- Select the available add-on that you wish to install or press [Select all].
- Highlight Save changes and press the [A] button. This add-on content will be added to your download queue!
If you’ve bought a physical copy of any Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection, or Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition on Xbox, please ensure that you’ve redeemed the code printed on the paper insert inside of the game box as this is how you’ll gain access to all of the add-on content included in that bundle. For players who bought the physical release of Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, the add-on content is located on the game discs and you’ll find some steps on the installation process here.
If that does not help and the content you are trying to access is a new release, we suggest giving these steps a try:
- Launch the Xbox/Microsoft Store
- Press the Y Button to start a search
- Type in the name for the content that you wish to download
- Select “Install” by pressing the A Button.
- Repeat these steps for any additional content you need to download
If you find that you're still having trouble accessing some add-on content such as previously purchased characters and skin packs when upgrading to a new Xbox Series X|S Console, we suggest giving these steps a try:
- Fully close/quit Mortal Kombat 11 on your console
- Select Manage game and add-ons > Uninstall impacted add-ons (characters or skin packs)
- Settings > General > Power mode & startup > Full shutdown
- Wait a minute
- Restart Xbox
- Select Manage game and add-ons > reinstall impacted add-ons
How to Manually Download Smart Delivery Story Files
In cases where these files were skipped or deselected during the game download or installation process, players can download them manually.
- Highlight Mortal Kombat 11 in the Xbox dashboard menu.
- Press the Menu button and select "Manage Game and add-ons"
- Press the A button on the first option
- Highlight and select the second dropdown menu and choose "Game Features"
- Choose the Select All option on the right side of the screen and then Save Changes. This will queue up the story cutscene files "Story" and "Story 4K" which are needed for watching in-game cutscenes.
If you're still unable to access specific content, please let us know by submitting a help request.
- From the Main Menu of your Nintendo Switch, locate the Mortal Kombat 11 game tile and press [+] on your controller.
- Select [Software Information] > [Nintendo eShop].
- Scroll down to [Downloadable Content] and select [View All Items].
- Here you will see all owned DLC listed.
- To download any of the DLC, select your Nintendo Switch Profile Image at the top-right of this screen to go to [Account Information].
- Under the [Redownload] section, any DLC or games you own that you have not yet downloaded content for will be listed.
- You can tap the cloud icon next to Mortal Kombat 11, if listed, to download any DLC you own but have not yet downloaded to your system. This will automatically download any all owned content.
- Go to [Library] in Steam.
- Locate Mortal Kombat 11 in your list of games, then right-click it and select [Properties].
- On the DLC tab of the Properties menu, any DLC you own will be listed.
- Under the "Install" column, a checkbox will show if the DLC has been downloaded and installed.
- You can check this box to start the download.
If the “Install” box for the add-on content is already checked but you still cannot access it in-game, follow these instructions:
- Open the [Properties] menu for the game in your Steam Library again.
- Click the [Local Files] tab.
- From here, select [Verify Integrity of Game Files].
- After this process completes, check in-game again to see whether you can now access the content you are trying to use.
To use Skins or Gear that you've obtained from Skin Packs, you will need to create your own Kustom Variation. This is different than Mortal Kombat titles in the past, as it will allow for you to mix and match Skins, Gear, Victory animations, and abilities.
- Visit the Kustomize Menu in-game and select the character you want to use a Skin for.
- Next, either choose the Variation you want to assign the Skin to or create a new Variation for the character.
- Once you’ve selected a Variation you can select the Kosmetics tab to view and assign Skins, Intro/Victory Cinematics, and Fatalities/Brutalities for the character.
Skins you have unlocked will be located near the top of your Skins list and you can also view Unlock criteria for other Skins for the character.
Gear also has unique appearances and can be Kustomized on the Gear tab for each Variation that you have for a character. Some Skins have unique pieces of Gear designed to complement them.
Using Kustom Variations in Online Ranked Mode
To use Kustom appearances and ability variations in the Online Ranked mode you can highlight the variation in the Kustomize menu and use the “Set as Default” option.
Be sure to Kustomize both your Gear and your Skin to set yourself apart from the Kompetition!
- Skins and Kustomization Guide
- How To Redeem And Download The Shao Kahn Playable Character
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate FAQ
To learn more about Mortal Kombat 11, the latest installment in the iconic Mortal Kombat franchise developed by NetherRealm Studios, visit MortalKombat.com or join the community conversation on Twitter (@MortalKombat), YouTube (Mortal Kombat), Twitch (NetherRealm), Instagram (@MortalKombat), Facebook (MortalKombat) and Discord (MortalKombat).
Need more? Submit a new question here, or track and view open tickets.