Players who pre-ordered Mortal Kombat 1 will gain free access to the Shang Tsung playable fighter. Players with access will see Shang Tsung listed in the bottom-left corner of the roster selection screen in various modes throughout Mortal Kombat 1.
Table of Contents
- Physical Pre-Orders
- Digital Pre-Orders
- I Pre-Ordered Mortal Kombat 1 But Did Not Receive Access To Shang Tsung, What Should I Do?
- I Did Not Pre-Order Mortal Kombat 1, How Can I Access Shang Tsung?
- Redeeming Your Code
If you pre-ordered a physical copy of Mortal Kombat 1, you should receive a code to gain access to Shang Tsung at launch. The codes will be printed on a voucher that is included inside the game box.
If you pre-ordered a digital copy of Mortal Kombat 1, you will automatically gain access to Shang Tsung at launch as long as your purchase was considered a pre-order. No code redemption is necessary.
I Pre-Ordered Mortal Kombat 1 But Did Not Receive Access To Shang Tsung, What Should I Do?
For physical pre-orders, check with the retailer where you purchased the game to confirm if they are participating in the Shang Tsung pre-order offer. For digital purchases, if you did not receive access to Shang Tsung, then your purchase may not have been considered a preorder or you may not be connected to the game server. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact WB Games Customer Support by submitting a help request here.
I Did Not Pre-Order Mortal Kombat 1, How Can I Access Shang Tsung?
If you did not pre-order Mortal Kombat 1, Shang Tsung can also be purchased directly from the digital storefront on your game platform.
Redeeming Your Code
How to redeem a code on the PlayStation®5
- On the PlayStation®5 Game Home Menu highlight and select the PlayStation™Store hub with the cross button on your Dualsense controller.
- Navigate up to the top menu Categories bar in the Store and select a "..." icon next to the shopping cart icon.
- Highlight and select “Redeem Code” from the list of options.
- Enter your code and press the cross button to continue.
- Now you will see the content you are redeeming. Highlight the confirm option and the cross button.
- A message will appear confirming that the code has been redeemed, press the button on "OK".
- The content should download automatically but if it does not, or if you would like to manually download the content, visit the game page In your Game Library from the Games Home Menu.
How to redeem a code on Xbox Series X
- From your Xbox Home Menu go to the Microsoft Store
- If prompted, sign in.
- From the left sidebar menu in the Store, highlight and select “Redeem” with the A Button on your wireless controller.
- Enter your code when prompted and then select Next to confirm.
- If the downloadable content is available, a download will start under "My Games and Apps" in your Queue.
How to redeem a code on the Nintendo Switch™
- In the HOME menu on your Nintendo Switch™, Highlight and select Nintendo eShop.
- Select the user account you want to use
- Highlight and select "Enter Code" on the left sidebar of the Nintendo eShop screen.
- Enter the 16-character download code. Any letters and symbols not used with prepaid codes (i.e. O, I, Z, commas, hyphens, etc.) will be disabled from the on-screen keyboard
- Select “Send” to confirm. The game will begin downloading once the code is confirmed. The game icon will appear on the HOME menu, with a download status bar. The status bar will disappear once the download is complete.