If Mortal Kombat 1 is crashing on your game console, it often indicates a problem with your game install. To resolve the issue, follow the steps below for your console.
Table of Contents
- Navigate to the game in your Games Hub.
- Press the Options button on your wireless controller after highlighting the game.
- Select "Delete" and confirm the deletion.
- You'll now need to reinstall your game. If you own a physical copy of your game, then reinsert the disc into your disc drive and allow the game to reinstall. If you received a digital copy of the game, then visit your Game Library and select Mortal Kombat 1 to download the game again.
Xbox Series X|S
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- From that menu, select "My Games and Apps" and then select "See all".
- Select the "Games" tab.
- Highlight your game and press the Menu button on your controller (the button with 3 lines on it) and then select the "Uninstall" option. Confirm the uninstall
- You'll now need to reinstall your game. If you own a physical copy of your game, then reinsert the disc into your disc drive and allow the game to reinstall, or visit "My Games and Apps" then the "Games tab" and select the game. If you received a digital copy of the game, then visit your "My Games and Apps" then choose the "Games tab". Find Mortal Kombat 1 and select "Install"
If your Nintendo Switch game is crashing, we recommend powering down your system entirely before restarting it and launching the game again.
This is different from putting your system into Sleep Mode, which is the default behavior of the Nintendo Switch when pressing the POWER button.
To turn your system off entirely:
- Press and hold the POWER button at the top of your system, near the volume controls, for at least three seconds.
- Select "Power Options" from the menu that appears.
- Select "Turn Off".
After allowing the system to turn off for 30 seconds, turn it back on using the POWER button before attempting to play the game again.
What Do I Do If The Issue Persists?
If the issue persists after reinstalling Mortal Kombat 1, we suggest checking to see if there are similar reports on our Mortal Kombat 1 bug reporting website at: https://mortalkombat1.bugs.wbgames.com/.
Note: This website will be live at 9AM ET on September 14th.
If you find a bug entry that matches your issue, we encourage voting on that issue and adding any screenshots, videos, or any details you think might help with reproducing it.
If there isn't an entry that matches your issue, please create a new bug report through the bug website. You can also check out the bug site FAQ to learn more: here
If you need direct assistance from a Customer Service agent with your issue, please click here to submit a help request, and an agent will do their best to assist you.