The reason for this is to provide useful information on what is the best approach to build a competitive and FAST team.
The latter is often underestimated while it is very important and it shouldn't be neglected.
I will start with basically splitting the characters in 3 main groups:
- Win conditions (cards with very strong specials or basic attacks (e.g. Undead Hunter Johny Cage and Gunslinger EB, Ravenous Mileenba)
- Support - cards providing benefits or debuffs to all other cards (Kold War Sonya, Demolution Sonya, Klassik Liu Kang)
- Defenders - kards specifically designed to help others or to absorb damage or basically having great HP stats(Kold War
Sonya, Triborg Sub Zero, Spec Ops Scorpion , Treacherous Tanya etc.)
Now, after this being said, the secret to build a good team lies in the ability to have 1 character in the team that fits each role.
For example, a GOOD team is :
1. Gunslinger EB (Win Condition)
2. Kold War Sonya (Defender and Support - she can absorb X rays , mitigate Jade evasion attack while having shield and providing support to the other characters)
3. Day of the Dead Kitana (Support)\
This team is so good because you have many ways of keeping your win condition alive and at the same time - having a kard which serves 2 roles - support and defender. KWSB is an amazing kard as you can see while for example Kitana is also good but apart from her passive - she cannot really tank anything - she cannot eat an X Ray or survive some seriously good SP2.
Also, having only 1 Win Condition allows you to give him the best gear for damage without having to choose where to place it.
Now let us see a BAD team:
1. Gunslinger EB (Win Condition)
2. UHJC (Win Condition)
3. Ronin Kenshi (Win Condition)
Now this team is so bad that each mistake will cost you the game. Please be advised that it is STILL possible to win a hard battle with it but compared to the previous one, this team will give you a lot of headache.
And now let me give you my list of top 5 best cards at each role (if a card fits more than 1 role, I will use it at the spot where it fits best):
1. Klassik Liu Kang (also a great Win Condition if team builds around him)
2. Takeda - this guy literally boosts the stats of some characters to the skies.
3. Revenant Kung Lao - very solid character who servers greatly as a defender as well due to his sp2
4. Day of the Dead Kitana - very nice passive but overally low stats and low dmg sps put her in 4th spot
5. Kombat Cup Johny Cage- this guy can be used as win condition as well but boosting the already sky high stats of Sonya is too much..
1. Kold War Sonya - a must have kard providing great defence to the entire team.
2. Spec Ops Scorpion - should I say something here?
3. Slasher Jason - probably the safest starter in the game - great SP1 for bleed. Can eat X Rays, no problem.
4. Warlock Quan Chi - ressurection?
5. Unstoppable Jason - just like Slasher, but this one has regeneration. Use it.
1. Ravenous Mileena (paired with the correct cards this girl is unstoppable)
2. Klassik Raiden - very strong kard with a devastating SP drain on tag in
3. Shao Khan - yes, if the team is centered around him - he can literally 1 shot everybody.
4. Heavy Weapons Jax - amazing synergy with spec ops like Demolution Sonya + Kold War Sonya.
Now, please take into consideration that this is my personal list of the roles and you might disagree which is perfectly fine.
I still have tons of characters to play a lot (e.g. I really want to fuse up my Klassik Mileena who is stuck at e3) but I hope that you understand the whole concept. So far if I take this into consideration - hard battles are not hard at all.
Please sign in to leave a comment.