If you are experiencing crashing issues with Mortal Kombat Mobile on your device, please try the steps below:
- First, you’ll want to make sure your game progress is backed up to the Cloud. This way, if your crashing issues require you to reinstall the game, your progress will be safe. To create a Cloud save, you will need to be logged into WBPlay/WBID via the Profile tab found in the in-game Menu. Once you are logged into WBPlay, your Cloud save will be updated every time you play a match, or perform any other major action in the game. To restore a Cloud save after reinstalling the game or installing it on a new device, simply log into the same WBPlay/WBID account you were previously using for the game. If a save is associated with that WBID, you will be given the opportunity to download it again.
- Next, you should check to see whether your mobile device and the game are up-to-date. Note that only the OS software released officially by your device manufacturer should be used to play this game. If you have installed custom operating system software/firmware on your device (often referred to as “jailbreaking” or “unlocking” your device) the game will most likely experience issues when you try to play it. If you are using software like this, we would recommend switching back to the operating system software officially released by your device manufacturer. Please contact them for instructions to do this if needed.
- Also, make sure you have only downloaded the game from an official storefront, such as Google Play, Amazon app store, or the iOS App store. If you download the game from any other location, there is a high chance that you will be downloading a version of the game that is not intended for your device, and will not work correctly. Likewise, we would advise you not to use any third-party apps which show App store downloads for a different device than the one you are using.
- If you continue to experience crashes after updating your OS and game software, check to close any background processes on your device. Any background processes will continue to use device memory and resources. You can close all background apps by rebooting the device or by pressing (typically) the home button on the device twice and swiping frames of open programs off-screen. If you try the swipe method, try also closing the game itself this way, along with your other background processes before attempting to play. If you are using an Android device, the method you use to bring up a list of processes that you can close will vary based on the device and software you are using.
- You can try redownloading the game. Again, make sure you are only download the game from an official storefront (Google Play, Amazon app store, or the iOS App store), and not any other resource online. If you do decide to reinstall the game on your mobile device, make sure to save your game progress to a cloud save by following the instructions in step 1 above.
We also recommend clearing your device's cache by following these steps:
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Tap the Storage heading to open its settings page.
- Tap the Other Apps heading to see a list of your installed apps.
- Find the application you want to clear the cache of and tap its listing.
- Tap the Clear cache
- Open the Settings app in iOS and head to General followed by Reset
- Choose Reset Network Settings and confirm that you wish to clear out all network settings
- When the device reboots, the cache will be cleared out.
If you need additional assistance, please contact WB Games Support by clicking “Ask for Help” above.